The Learning Resources Content Collection and the netTrekker application are continuously updated and maintained.
On a quarterly basis, we publish Content Matters, a report summarizing recent updates to our Content Collection including types of content and highlighting certain publishers. Following are recent reports:
- Content Updates, Winter 2019
- Content Updates, Spring 2019
- Content Updates, Fall 2018
- Content Updates, Summer 2018
- Content Updates, Spring 2018
- Content Updates, Winter 2018
- Content Updates, Fall 2017
- Content Updates, Summer 2017
- Content Updates, Spring 2017
- Content Updates, Winter 2017
- Content Updates, Fall 2016
- Content Updates, Back to School 2016
netTrekker Application Release Notes
Periodically, updates are applied to the netTrekker application. Notes for each release (beginning September 2017) are listed below with the most recent release listed first.
netTrekker Release Notes – December 2017
New netTrekker Support Site
netTrekker has a new and improved support site: support.netTrekker.com This site provides a wealth of information to assist users in effective use of netTrekker. Users benefit from the support site’s easy and intuitive interface, and the site’s main search bar uses type ahead to quickly find answers to questions.
Web Search: Keyword Search Type Ahead
To support effective keyword search for learning resources, the type ahead feature has been added to the netTrekker web application search bar. When a user clicks on the “Web”, “Image” or “Famous Person” radio button and starts typing a keyword in the search bar, suggestions are displayed that match the entered characters. Clicking on a keyword or key phrase suggestion and then clicking the “Search” button opens a search results page for that keyword or key phrase.
Publisher Search Refinement
Many netTrekker users are interested in refining their search results by a specific publisher (like Khan Academy or CK-12). To enable this refinement, “Collections” have been updated in the netTrekker web application to “Publisher” in the “Refine Search” panel where a user can select one or more publisher names and click the “Refine” button. Refinement by publisher is also available in the “More Search Options” panel where a user can enter the publisher name in the publisher field and click search. In “More Search Options”, the user also benefits from type ahead for the publisher field.
netTrekker Release Notes – September 2017
Enhanced Standards Alignments for Content
To better serve educators, we are automating the updating of state and national education standards in icurio. This means that searching and browsing for standards and their aligned content is current. One outcome of this monthly automatic update process is that certain labels for standards documents have changed.
- Looking for Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)? Start with Achieve, the governing authority for NGSS and other national standards.
- Looking for Common Core educational standards? Start with NGA Center/CCSSO (CC), the governing authority for Common Core. The National Governors Association Center for Best Practices (NGA Center) and the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO).
- Looking or ISTE NETS? When reviewing the list of standards documents, teachers now have 3 options: 1) ISTE NETS for Administrators, 2) ISTE NETS for Teachers, and 3) ISTE National Educational Technology Standards.